Friday, September 28, 2012

Serenity in the midst of Chaos


I had an adventure yesterday, after I gave some sweet kids up to the Pacific Crest trail to resume their hike that waS interrupted by the fire.  Started following little roads I did not know, and found this lovely little stream down in a ravine (yes, some lovely scrambling) just before getting stuck with a rugged flat tire!  Took two jacks (yes I carry 2 in my truck!) to get the tire up off the ground... then another hour of hard work trying to break loose a rusty seized up spare tire holder underneath my truck!   I managed to do it... with a heartfelt prayer!  After I made it finally back to set up to sell at Fire camp, my spare went flat, and to top that off my truck would not start a couple times.  Folks there helped me out, and the aired up spare held through the night until I could get the tire repaired with a total now of 3 patches from screws and nails and sharp rocks.   Meanwhile I discovered apparently my Starter is the problem, and at least my old truck is a stick shift so I can roll start it until I can get it fixed. 

Thank heavens for the photos to remind me of the serenity I found in that rugged ravine before climbing back up into the world of challenges to overcome. 




1 comment: